Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The End of One Road, But the Journey Continues

Where did summer go?  My daughter is back in school, Labor Day weekend is nearly upon us and her soccer season is in "Go" mode. It seems like I was just writing about the Niagara Falls trip that we took right after school was out.  Labor Day is bittersweet as it brings the end of summer, but signals the beginning of Fall in Ohio which can be a very beautiful time of year.  Of course, Fall is followed by Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day which right now NO ONE wants to think about!

This Labor Day weekend brings a little something else for our family;  the sale of the rental property that I had mentioned several posts ago, will be closing tomorrow.  I'm so happy to not have to go clean it for showings or have my husband worry about keeping up with the grass, but as I mentioned before, I wish things could have worked out differently for my brother in law and he could have purchased it.   It was not God's plan I guess, and we wait to see where He leads.

With the rental property gone, I can get my husband focused on finishing my shop/studio!  We are in the process of giving the hot tub away, my windows will hopefully get ordered next week and I've been amassing vintage antiques for use as fabric storage and display.
   As this picture shows, my cat assumes I bought a new kitty perch just for her.  She's got a surprise coming!  I mentioned in the last blog post that my daughter and I were trying something new...and yes it is an AWESOME new product:
No, your eyes aren't playing tricks on you ---Quilt Store Next Door will soon be selling assorted soaps with gift sets.  Marketed as "Two Roses" for Quilt Store Next Door, these are shea better and goat's milk soaps in several colors and scents.  I already have about a dozen orders for the soap gift sets which will also include a lovely appliqued finger tip towel made by Quilt Store Next Door on this sweet baby:
Yes, I broke down and decided that I needed a 
serger!  I've contemplated buying one for years but couldn't justify it since I don't "sew."  Well, it will be a life saver when I'm making these towels, as you can see however, I am still afraid of it so it is still safely in the box until I can figure it out!

Getting time to figure anything out lately has been next to impossible with how busy my shop (and me!) is becoming.  I've made oodles of lunch totes and still have an orders for 6-7 more in my queue.  



I also made my daughter a class switch bag and the new item for Fall is a microwaveable bowl cozy.  These items have been flying out the door so hence, I never get out of my studio when I'm home!  I don't mind though, I LOVE what I do.  I realized this week that I think I finally know what I would like to be when I grow up, and this little humble business is it.  I have a lot more plans that you will be seeing solidify in the upcoming months, but for now, I am actually going to go to bed and get some beauty sleep.  Thank you for your faithful reading and God bless you and your family.  Until next time, good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment