Friday, September 20, 2013

It's so hard to say goodbye

Good Morning!  I know it's only been a few days since I last posted (I know, feast or famine, right?!) but I won't get the chance to post again for probably about two weeks, so I wanted to get a few things down.  I guess I am also feeling a bit sad.  Tonight, we finally had the Virginia Reel pillow class after multiple reschedules, and I received some sad news.  One of my first students, a nice woman I met at the first craft bazaar I participated in, will be moving out of state next week.  This was a move that she and her husband had been planning in order to get closer to kids and grandkids so we knew it was coming, but suddenly their house sold in 15 days and they found the perfect property where they had been hoping to relocate and now they're moving next Friday!  I'm so excited and happy for her, but certainly sad to see her go.  I know I'm still a Mom and Pop operation, but I don't think you ever forget your first.  She began as a stranger at a craft show, and became one of my most reliable customers/students.  As well, she formed friendships with the other students and was a welcomed addition to every class.  She will be missed.  We wish you the best of luck and blessings on your new endeavor Jodie!

So, while I taught my class tonight, my daughter attended her little sewing class (thank you so much to her BFF's wonderful mother!) and this is what she made.  This adorable quilted throw pillow was such a delight to me.  She made this entirely on her own and I could not be more proud!  Am I worried that she is already this talented at nine years old and is going to be looking soon to run old Mom out of business?  Nah....okay, maybe just a smidge.  :-)


The fabulous windows went in Wednesday!  They look fantastic and I could not be more pleased!  My electrician comes tomorrow and then a door, flooring, insulation and walls by the Hubby.  I can't believe this is coming to fruition and still every time I walk into the porch, seeing the windows throws me for a loop.  We had a snafu on getting heat ducts run, but looks like we have another good alternative, so things are still on track.


This knockout bombshell you see was the other big news of the week.  My brand new Bernina 550QE sewing machine.  She came with a big price tag and I'm not too proud to admit when she came out of the box Wednesday night, I was so intimidated that I considered putting it right back in the box and accepting that I'd made a huge mistake, and I was not woman enough for this machine.  But three days later, I have to confess, I am falling pretty hard for this pretty baby and I look forward to many beautiful years together.  

Lastly, a last minute trip to Amish country last weekend scored me this big monster.  I was in the market for another hutch for storage and display in my shop/studio and this big guy fit the bill.  Standing at about seven feet tall with cabinets and a roomy drawer, I think it will work out great.  It's not exactly the 'shabby chic' look I've been going for, but it definitely has charm in a big way.  Thanks to the Hubby for stumbling across this when I was close to giving up on finding something well built and reasonably priced.  


Things are slowly coming together.  I have two of my fabric lines in stock and need to order two more.  I'm still completing a large lunch tote order, a smaller lunch tote order and then begins the Christmas craziness.  Right now, I've got an order of 15 soap gift sets, two table runners, a purse and a lunch tote.  At some point, my daughter and I need to make something for her teachers too.  I'm thinking bowl cozies for EVERYONE!!  

Well, it is time for this old girl to go to bed.  Thanks for following along and I hope you have a wonderful week!  Talk to you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment