Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Dyeing to Tell You

I am so excited, I couldn't wait until I write my weekly blog to start gushing about what I'm doing now! I just made my first purchase of fabric and supplies to begin dyeing my own fabric! I have no idea what I'm doing, but I bought a book last week and I know how to read, so let the good times roll! I have to admit, however, that I am a clean freak, and the idea of making a mess of my basement with dye and other sundry ingredients makes me a bit nervous, but, I have to try it. Batik fabrics are my favorite fabric designs. I love the abstract design and mix of colors that they display. I love how they make great blender fabrics due to their simplicity but can stand alone on the subtle movements within the color. I love how the colors seem shallow yet possess such depth. They are art on fabric. Now, this novice will not be creating beautiful Batik fabrics next week, but I am excited to get a feel for yet another aspect of the art and craft I love. I'm planning to start with simple dyeing, and see if this is something I can actually do. If all goes well, I will have some beautiful hand-dyed fabrics to use in my own creations and sell in my online shop. If you haven't visited my shop, I invite you over to the Quilt Store Next Door. Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment