Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Spring Break!

Oh, this old Ohio winter weather won't go away! We had snow on April 1st! Not a very funny April Fool's joke! Nonetheless, I am busy preparing to teach two private "quilting boot camp" courses beginning at the end of April. April 27th in Lancaster, Ohio I will be hosting a booth at a huge craft show being held at the fairgrounds. My shop is doing well and I'm beginning to have people contact me locally for fabric, quilt repairs and classes. Happy can't describe how I feel. I love what I'm doing and the only way I could be any more fulfilled with quilting is if I could make it my "day job." I'm kicking around a way to open a shop from my home which would be a perfect next step in my journey from " renewed quilter" to professional quilter, designer and quilt business owner. I'm taking it all one day at a time, but I am amazed that just four months ago I was only a wannabe. I can't believe how far I've come and that God has already allowed me to touch lives and have my life changed by this art I love.
Usually, we would be on a spring break vacation this week, but my husband was unable to take the whole week off so instead, my little girl and I have been hanging out together. Later this week, she and my husband are heading out to a cabin for a father-daughter fishing trip and I get some much-needed uninterrupted sewing time to work on iPad cases and other items for the craft show. I have already resolved that I will not work myself ragged to get ready for this craft show...let's see if I can stick to that!
Next, I have found a local chapter of Modern Quilt Guild and I plan to start attending meetings as another method of education and networking. In short, I'm loving what I do, and doing everything I can to make it what I do. No, it's not Florida or the Caribbean, but this spring break is yet another stop on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment