Monday, April 8, 2013

Wow!

So here is my latest creation. Cases for iPad Mini and iPad.  These are becoming VERY popular.  I've got one custom order in production and another order in process as soon as my customer chooses a fabric.  Of course, my daughter has requested one for her iPad--pieces are cut and ready for assembly.  I will have to finish hers first or I'll be in trouble! I love these!

My beginner's classes are filling up as well. I'm so excited to get my students working on their first ever quilt project, a square table topper in an interconnecting circle pattern.  As soon as I get caught up on these iPad cases, I'll begin the prototype for the class project.   I'm such as fabric junkie, I can't wait to make the fabric selections to make MINE! 

I've been doing some research on local quilt guilds. I believe these will be a great way for me to continue to grow in experience and knowledge of quilting, while providing me a great networking opportunity. I have stumbled across a local guild of The Modern Quilt Guild (MQG), and a local chapter of the National Quilting Association (NQA).  I will be attending my first meeting of the MQG next Thursday night and joining the NQA this week.  I am very excited to begin meeting people with my love of quilting, art and a desire to share with and teach others.  I'll be attending the NQA's annual quilt show and convention in June here in Columbus, Ohio.  I plan to make an excursion out of it, inviting some of my friends, customers and students. I love to see the beautiful quilts in the quilt show and witness the amazing talent some of these people possess.  

I am amazed and filled with gratitude at what God has already allowed me to do with my new business and for the opportunities he has provided to me.  It just goes to prove that with Him all things are possible.
Have a wonderful week and we'll talk again soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment