Saturday, July 13, 2013

Spoiled Little Princess

Good Evening!  We made it home safely from our Virginia getaway and life continued on as usual.  Today I taught the first "Make Your Own iPad Case" class.  I'm only offering this class one time this year.  I have so many other projects I'd like to share, I am ready to move on.  I'm not happy if I don't have seven projects going at once and I guess I want all my students to be in that predicament too! Lol!  Nevertheless, these ladies did great and took home some beautiful creations.  A lot of fun was enjoyed, and I believe some new friendships made, as well.

As I mentioned last time, my online shop has been crazy busy! You won't hear me complaining, I love shipping new orders out to places far and near.  I feel like a little piece of me gets to visit all over the world!

My husband's truck decided it was wanting some attention in the form of some transmission work..no big deal...transmissions are cheap! Right! This new little expense now jumped ahead of the need to get the windows installed in my porch so construction can begin on my shop.  Pair that with the fact that our rental property still hasn't sold and of course, there are expenses incurred in carrying a property that is sitting empty.  I would be lying if I didn't tell you that I became discouraged---beaten down, really.  I began to question whether this "quilting thing" is really my calling by God and that maybe these things were His way of telling me that I just needed to grow up and work my nice little job like everyone else does and just be content with what I have.  I spent some time in prayer--a little ranting, a lot of pouting, really.  I let God know I was angry.  I behaved like a spoiled little princess---and you know what?  God showed up. Despite my ingratitude for a life already enormously blessed, He showed up.  That day we had three showings on our rental property and two offers--a multi bid scenario-- and it is now in contract for list price!  We're not having a party yet, there are still at least 45 days, an inspection and appraisal between us and "SOLD," but He did not forsake me.  He didn't let me give up on this dream.  I hope you realize, my friends, God loves you more than anything and He can handle your anger.  You're not going to spew anything at Him that He doesn't already know is in your heart.  He knows your innermost thoughts, He knit you together and knows you better than you know yourself.  You can't surprise Him, and if you let Him, He will show up in your life too.  As I said, my situation is not in the "happily ever after" stage yet--I don't know what will happen next, but God let me know that this dream is real and that maybe it isn't time for me to grow up quite yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment